Forums for the UnitedHeroes.net Family of Stories and Other Cool Sites

GHC! or Wafflehouse...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    unitedHeroes.net Forum Index -> The Grayhound Chronicles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ghostbear
Scamp
Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: GHC! or Wafflehouse... Reply with quote

Techno, I expect life's been busy for you (It has been for me), but its been two months since the last Wafflehouse, and even more since GHC...Hope nothing bad has happened...(I suspect not as i have been keeping up with the blog)

Just wanted to ask what's up, and posting this in a blog about a cereal bar would seem off color, I posted it here.

Heh, who knows...I may use it to prod you in the future....

Especially if you add a cattle prod emoticon...
TechnoAtheist
Überdork
Überdork

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know I'm an absolute slug. Thing is, I actually finished Wafflehouse, but still had a few sections I needed to fill out.

I do plan on posting something today, regardless of completion, and it will be everything I've got so far.
TechnoAtheist
Überdork
Überdork

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah!

Well, <a href="http://unitedheroes.net/grayhound/wafflehouse5/wafflehouse5.php#20040922">I managed to fill in the bulk of it</a>, I just need to finish the epliogue.

I'll probably give it another run with the belt grinder to get rid of the rougher spots (let me know which ones you find) and then send it around for rejections.

Knowing my luck, it'll turn out that this is just like a story Bradbury wrote back in '57 after being struck on the head by a beer can, and I'll be charged with plagiarism, but hopefully it's reasonably original too.

Oh, and if anyone's curious, I guess I can finally talk about what I was going for. Nobody ever writes stories about the background characters. You know, the bothans that died to bring us that data. This is the story of two characters who are involved in several much larger stories and frankly have absolutely no clue about any of them.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel I can identify with these guys a h-e-double-hockeysticks of a lot more than the guy who single-handedly overthrows the evil dictator and gets the girl.
Maracus
Impressive
Impressive

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also particularly enjoyed the image of a weeping Jim Evans. I'm kidding, but it was fun to see him show up. A shock relay connected to a klingon weapon, also a good idea. The pants being the competitor explains how JIM and Brian were there. I had wondered.

"Throwing the book?"

BWAAHH HAH HAH AHAH AH AHAHAHA

(I'm sorry, I must expire now.)
Ghostbear
Scamp
Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent-Good to see you back in form old chap. Good to see some proding works wonders, old fruit.

Right.

Now that I've scared the living shiznit out of you by acting British, i shall retire.
TechnoAtheist
Überdork
Überdork

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rightly so.

Say what, how's about we former colonists go have a lark and TP the Old Bird's country?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    unitedHeroes.net Forum Index -> The Grayhound Chronicles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: