Forums for the UnitedHeroes.net Family of Stories and Other Cool Sites

And now for something completely different
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    unitedHeroes.net Forum Index -> The Grayhound Chronicles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TechnoAtheist
Überdork
Überdork

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

Ok, I feel bad that I've been slacking on getting a new story up.

So <a href="http://unitedheroes.net/grayhound/wafflehouse5">I'll post up this instead</a>.

It's a work in progress, but hopefully it's got enough rotting chicken on the hook that you'll see what's going on.

Again, sorry for the increasing dry spell. Hopefully me doing crap like this will help.
Hetta
Mod
Mod

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

TechnoAtheist wrote:
So <a href="http://unitedheroes.net/grayhound/wafflehouse5">I'll post up this instead</a>.

Cool! Can't wait to see what happens next.
Ghostbear
Scamp
Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Excellent... Reply with quote

It's great, but you might want to flesh it out to make it more understandable.

Maybe you should make it a UH serial...Then when we beg you for more grayhound you can fob us off by pointing out that you do have a life AND another serial...
TechnoAtheist
Überdork
Überdork

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I plan to. Figure you're only 12 pages into a book, so there's still a h-e-double-hockeysticks of a lot to go.

I don't know if I'd make it a serial, since I don't think this story could work like that. This is more of an experiment for me.

Granted, it's an experiment that may unleash an army of undead mutant chickens... No, sorry, that's the other experiment.

Ignore that one.
TechnoAtheist
Überdork
Überdork

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it's not much, but there's a bit <a href="http://unitedheroes.net/grayhound/wafflehouse5/wafflehouse5.php#20040321">more added to the story</a>.
Had the battery actually lasted, it might even have been more.

I have no idea when I'll be able to write anything more. I think I've got a full plate of projects (both at work and at home) and nearly no time at all to do them.

Still, as I can manage to work things out, I'll post it here for general <strike>ridicule</strike> review.
Ghostbear
Scamp
Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, i liked it-you might want to develop the spider idea a bit more so it'll be more understandable, in the end it was pretty perfect in my humble opinion...

Anytime you can get some writing up, I'll read it-take your time, your best fans aren;t going to leave you becuse you put the goods up slower...

I just wonder if UH can find a fantasy series-just a random thought from the world of Idiocy...

Quote:

Try Energizer...Though i don't imagine you'd like the rabbit thoughts popping into your mind at inopportune times...
TechnoAtheist
Überdork
Überdork

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghostbear wrote:
Great, i liked it-you might want to develop the spider idea a bit more so it'll be more understandable, in the end it was pretty perfect in my humble opinion...

Yeah, I've got a problem describing things adequately. In this case, I know what they looked like (think average, everyday nightmare inducing mechanical spiders that were built by someone with a serious Geiger addiction), but it never manages to get conveyed right the first time. I'll probably tweak it later (since i've already done that).

Quote:
Anytime you can get some writing up, I'll read it-take your time, your best fans aren;t going to leave you becuse you put the goods up slower...

Thanks. This is seriously rough draft, but I do want to see if anyone else understands what the hell is going on. (Yes, I know that it's still somewhat early, but now you have half of the main plot point).

The other thing I'm dealing with is that I want to try and keep the length reasonable if I ever decide to actually turn it into a real dead tree book. By my estimates, the Grayhound series alone would be around five or six already and there are far too many lose threads between volumes. I'd have to heavily rewrite and reorder for it to work.

Quote:
I just wonder if UH can find a fantasy series-just a random thought from the world of Idiocy...

Actually, it's not that far fetched. JIM managed to come up with <a href="http://aix1.uottawa.ca/~jevan093/hydrogenguy/episode86.html">a rather interesting set of characters</a> that I could see him developing on their own, with plenty of buckles to swash and various bits of derring to do.
Quote:
Quote:

Try Energizer...Though i don't imagine you'd like the rabbit thoughts popping into your mind at inopportune times...

Funny you should mention that. I was looking at those today. Mostly I was worried that the regular drum beat might be a little distracting.

thanks again!
Hetta
Mod
Mod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TechnoAtheist wrote:
Ok, it's not much, but there's a bit <a href="http://unitedheroes.net/grayhound/wafflehouse5/wafflehouse5.php#20040321">more added to the story</a>.

Ooh, shiny! And how refreshing to have a good genius for a change -- at least until TA cranks out the next ep, eh?
TechnoAtheist
Überdork
Überdork

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian is a genius?
JIM
UH Author
UH Author

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheels within wheels!

I like it. Very Happy
Hetta
Mod
Mod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TechnoAtheist wrote:
Brian is a genius?

Well, he's even called brain. How many hints to you think we need?
JIM
UH Author
UH Author

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! More Waffle!

In answer to your query, yes, I find them interesting. And I want to see what's going to happen here.

TA, why don't you do Wafflehouse as a kind of story blog? It might make the updating and paginating easier.
Ghostbear
Scamp
Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it, and I think the character duo thing is working pretty well for you.

Though I didn't get the seventeen year old girls bit...

Why don't you turn Wafflehouse into a publication, and instead of posting whenever you write, put a deadline (Bimonthly or monthly deadlines seem good) and try to stick to 'em. If you don't meet them, no biggie, but I find that deadlines help me keep going. Try that, and if it works for you, maybe you can sue it for 'hound as well...

That was actually great timing on your part Techno-I just came off an incredibly stressful weekend, and that was a great way to start a slacking-off week.

Thanks for writing-you and Jim happen to be the only live Authors i read on a consistent basis, so you happen to be the only ones i can thank...
TechnoAtheist
Überdork
Überdork

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ghostbear. Allow me to speak for the rest of the dead authors who would probably also say thanks,

Well, that and complain that nobody visits them and that there's another spider crawling in their ribcage.

The 17 year old girl thing would probably take way the h-e-double-hockeysticks too long.. ah what the hell. I've always wondered why in various movies and books, there's always perfectly fitting space suits available for the heroines. (Maybe I just saw one too many <a href="http://www.pulpoftheday.com/">Pulp of the Day</a> covers or something.) But basically I got to thinking that in the far distant future, environment suits will probably become the dress code of choice.

And with that in mind, I figured that the next logical step would be fashionable environment suits. Followed by the inevitable unfashionable bride's maid and prom dress environment suits that cost way the hell too much and wind up sitting in the back of a long forgotten closet.

So in the future, I fully expect nearly abandoned coms stations once manned by pioneer families (much like old lighthouses) to be pretty much packed with old prom dress space suits.

that and the vision of a Hello Kitty colored space suit made me giggle.
Ghostbear
Scamp
Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh...makes sense...

Though the hello kitty space suits, to quote the Sea Captain from the Simpsons "will replace the whale in my nightmares."

Hope to see some more of your writing whenever you get to it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    unitedHeroes.net Forum Index -> The Grayhound Chronicles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: