Forums for the UnitedHeroes.net Family of Stories and Other Cool Sites

Book.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    unitedHeroes.net Forum Index -> The Grayhound Chronicles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ghostbear
Scamp
Scamp

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Book. Reply with quote

Hey JR-Just checking back in. What happened to Grayhound? I need more stories....

Also, I was wondering if you ever did get the book published? I check your blog so I guess you're out for a few weeks, but I'd appreciate if you could throw the book together so I can get my hands on an actual paperback sometime. I don't know when you plan on updating again, but having the old entries to read on something that doesn't glow back at me would be a pleasure indeed.

As always, thanks for writing.
TechnoAtheist
Überdork
Überdork

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided I'm not going to talk about when/if there's more Grayhound, mostly because I feel like crap I haven't done more. I do have a plot outline and a few pages written, but then I've had that for about a month now.

As for the book, no. Suffice to say, I'm not really comfortable asking anyone to pay over $6 for a paperback before shipping. That's nuts. I get the feeling that the real market for that stuff is mostly crazed manifestos and the occasional Get Rich Quick by Inheritance booklet. The PDFs are still free to pull down and do result in the same thing, provided you've got late night access to your office printer.

I do want to wrap up Grayhound, honest! I just have no idea when I'll get enough time to do it.
Narratio
Sufficient
Sufficient

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I've no problems with $6 plus shipping for something that I can hold rather than glare at. Are you sure the Baen's Books of this world wouldn't go for it?

So, I've got them printed double sided onto A5 size with a glued back and plastic strip pressure bind. (It's nice to have a Document Control department who owe you favours and have access to neeto kit). It's as close to a paperback as I'm gonna get, so I'm happy.
TechnoAtheist
Überdork
Überdork

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, you're local late night printer is a far better option.

I've not submitted it to any real publisher mostly because well, I want to finish it before I go back over it and fix things. I already know that there are some chunks that will have to go or be rewritten, but I'm still not sure how they all play out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    unitedHeroes.net Forum Index -> The Grayhound Chronicles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: