Forums for the UnitedHeroes.net Family of Stories and Other Cool Sites

It ain't easy to be him...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    unitedHeroes.net Forum Index -> Galactic Customs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Latest episode
0 - Who ever wrote this? stop it.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
1 - Wha, huh?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2 - No worse than any of the other chapters.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
4 - Pretty good, (and confirms a few suspicions)
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

TechnoAtheist
‹berdork
‹berdork

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 6:43 pm    Post subject: It ain't easy to be him... Reply with quote

Sure, he gets songs, comic books, and some really good deals on almost any condiment, but really, when it comes down to it...

people rapidly change the topic.
Ununnilium
Scamp
Scamp

Location: The planet in the same orbit as Earth but perpetually on the other side of the sun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... some problems with the writing early on saved by an intruiging concept and an unexpected ending. ^_^v

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, where'd the "3" go, though?
Zaxor
Balpeen
Balpeen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you guys are aware of the comprehensiveness of this little universe that you've created. With every episode, gaps are filled, and everything becomes a little bit more related to everything. I'm glad that I get to watch it happen.

On another note, this episode left me wondering what HG & DB will be like in their old age.

"Holy... somethin' or other... of whatsizname..." Deuterium Boy

"This ruler keeps getting heavier every time I pick it up." Very Happy

If they lose a step off of their subatomic speed, would they then have superatomic speed?
JIM
UH Author
UH Author

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

~Steve-o answered that a while ago.

And it's disturbingly close to the truth, too.
TechnoAtheist
‹berdork
‹berdork

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zaxor wrote:
I don't know if you guys are aware of the comprehensiveness of this little universe that you've created. With every episode, gaps are filled, and everything becomes a little bit more related to everything. I'm glad that I get to watch it happen.

And here it was, I was thinkin' that the reason everything was interrelated was because I'm too lazy to think of anything new or watch reruns of "I Dream of Jeanie" to get any new material.

Ah, who am I kidding, you're right of course and I can no longer live the charade.

The various plot elements were carefully laid out by JIM and Steve seven years ago during an all night Sambuca festival. They pretty much devised everything and formulated how the various plot lines would be told, when characters would be introduced, when stories would begin, you name it. Being good authors, they worked from an absolutely stunning end story that was both breathtaking in simplicity and totally original. They filled hundreds of cocktail napkins with snippets of story lines and character sketches before finally retiring. They carefully entrusted the lot to the individual who was silently watching them the entire time. The three took an oath of secrecy and parted ways.

The silent watcher remained with the pile of ink-laden napkins.

A few minutes later, I returned from the bathroom and collected the body of Mr. O'Sullivan (which I had been entrusted to deliver to the morgue). In front of the body, however, was a large pile of napkins, beer mats and matchbook covers. I enquired to the barkeep about the pile, however he simply shrugged, took a fistful of napkins and proceeded to wipe down a growing puddle of stale beer. I took the remainder and used them to prop O'Sullivan up in the passenger seat.

Years pass.

Then one fateful day I decide to clean out my car and discover a fistful of the yellowed bits of genius spawned oh so long ago. I piece together the elements and trace back the events to that night. It took a fair amount of effort, but I manage to bring back all the individuals (except one).

Both Steve and JIM's jaws dropped when I opened the briefcase filled with their notes. They dove for them and began to organize them back into order. Many were missing, but most were still there, enough to bring back into focus the wondrous story line they had created. It was most fortuitous that I managed to track down the Barkeep, a gentleman named Ken, who managed to remember enough of the finer details to nearly recreate the masterwork.

We set out shortly afterwards and started working on our collective dream.

And that dream is "Curious Indecipherable and the Magical Jellyfish with Boobies"

Wait, no, we trashed that idea when we sobered up.

Never mind.
steveo
‹berdork
‹berdork

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zaxor wrote:

Ah. Hopefully the next episode of Ford will do much to break that trend.

It will feature not only Damian Leary and Archimedes Nale, but also a nuclear strike against Boise, the Galactic Ministry of Excise, a visit to the remains of the city of Melbourne (which was destroyed 6 years ago by an asteroid), and an invasion by a race of 7 inch tall sentient fungi called The Doomians.
Hetta
Mod
Mod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveo wrote:
It will feature not only Damian Leary and Archimedes Nale, but also a nuclear strike against Boise, the Galactic Ministry of Excise, a visit to the remains of the city of Melbourne (which was destroyed 6 years ago by an asteroid), and an invasion by a race of 7 inch tall sentient fungi called The Doomians.

I can't wait...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    unitedHeroes.net Forum Index -> Galactic Customs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: